WHAT A YEAR IT’S BEEN!
Here’s what we have accomplished this year:
- WE went from 17 to 37 MEMBERS at FTDNA and many more overall!
- WE went from a presumed 2 Wheaton groups to SEVEN with FOUR of those Groups tracing roots to DEVON!
- WE have proof the name had not a single origin but likely many.
- WE have 3 members who are participating in the Genographic Project Geno 2.0
- WE have sponsored a Walk Through the Y for a member of Group B
- WE have been responsible for the discovery of a brand new SNP L1358
- WE have located the earliest Wheaton of record in Devon in 1288!
- WE have our first African American of Wheaton descent join us
- WE have solved a few mysteries and uncovered many more
My very Best Wishes to all of you this HOLIDAY season.
My wish list for next year:
- More members especially from England
- Descendants of Thomas Wheadon’s son John
- Descendents of Robert Wheaton’s sons Obadiah and Samuel
- Descendants of Christopher Wheaton of Hull, MA
- An answer to Robert Wheaton’s precise origins
- That our new SNP and the results from Geno 2.0 help refine the origins of the various Wheaton Groups
- That through this project we learn more about our place in the Greater Human Family
Warmest Wishes to all. If you are looking for a last minute Christmas gift give the gift that keeps on giving a DNA Kit or a donation to our general fund. Yes I am shameless Ho, Ho, Ho!